[PD] Plugin for 0.43 to have a gtk-looking open dialog

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Tue Dec 14 00:41:46 CET 2010

On Mon, 2010-12-13 at 17:12 +0100, Lorenzo Sutton wrote:
> I eventually had a look into the GUI plug-in stuff and came up with this.
>
> It uses a zenity-inspired gtk binary to make the dialogue (not
> particularly finesse, but easier thank tcl/gtk). Source and binary as
> well as the tcl plugin here:
>
> http://puredata.info/Members/lorenzosu/gtk-open-plugin/gtk-open-plugin

That's great!  So much better than the crappy Tcl/Tk open panel.  It
would be great to have the save panel too. I added code so that the
plugin finds pd_gtk_open in the searchpath, that's attached. I also
think an install target for the Makefile would make it really easy to
install:

install:
	install -d ~/pd-externals/
	install -p -m644 gtkopen-plugin.tcl ~/pd-externals/
	install -p -m755 $(PROGRAM) ~/pd-externals/

If you want to publicize this, you could add it to the GUI Plugins
section of the new download page:
http://puredata.info/community/projects/software/
http://puredata.info/docs/sitedocs/AddingYourProjectToDownloads