[PD] pmpd maintainer; WAS Re: libraries in Pd-extended 0.43

cyrille henry ch at chnry.net
Tue Dec 14 11:18:45 CET 2010

hello Yves,

i feel a bit concerned because you mention pmpd.

I don't understand the problem about hans being pmpd maintainer.
i can't find anything saying that a maintainer should be the author of a lib.
the pmpd lib distributed with pd-extended clearly specify that's i'm the author of this lib.

who's using other people work?
well, there is a lot of answers to this question.
-pd user (and developer) are using miller work
-pd-extended user are using hans work
-pmpd user are using my work
-i'm using pmpd users to promote my work
-i'm using hans work to promote pmpd
-i'm using miller (and other) work everyday
-hans is using pmpd to have more happy pd-extended user
-etc

lot's of people are using other people work.
i'm using miller, hans and pd users lot's more than hans is using me.

This is some short extract of the pmpd licence :

"1. You may copy and distribute verbatim copies of the Program's

source code as you receive it [...]"
"2. You may modify your copy or copies of the Program or any portion

of it, thus forming a work based on the Program, and copy and

distribute such modifications or work under the terms of Section 1

above [...]"
"3. You may copy and distribute the Program (or a work based on it,

under Section 2 [...])"

Reading it, you'll understand that anyone could be pmpd maintainer without other authorisation.

Cyrille