[PD] Plugin for 0.43 to have a gtk-looking open dialog

Lorenzo Sutton lsutton at libero.it
Tue Dec 14 12:05:39 CET 2010

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: [PD] Plugin for 0.43 to have a gtk-looking open dialog
From: Hans-Christoph Steiner <hans at at.or.at>
To: Lorenzo Sutton <lsutton at libero.it>
CC: Pd-list at iem.at
Date: 12/14/2010 12:41 AM
> On Mon, 2010-12-13 at 17:12 +0100, Lorenzo Sutton wrote:
>> I eventually had a look into the GUI plug-in stuff and came up with this.
>>
>> It uses a zenity-inspired gtk binary to make the dialogue (not
>> particularly finesse, but easier thank tcl/gtk). Source and binary as
>> well as the tcl plugin here:
>>
>> http://puredata.info/Members/lorenzosu/gtk-open-plugin/gtk-open-plugin
> That's great!  So much better than the crappy Tcl/Tk open panel.  It
> would be great to have the save panel too. I added code so that the
> plugin finds pd_gtk_open in the searchpath, that's attached. I also
> think an install target for the Makefile would make it really easy to
> install:
Hey thanks for that. I already have the binary for the save dialog, I
just have to figure out how to make the plug-in.

> install:
> 	install -d ~/pd-externals/
> 	install -p -m644 gtkopen-plugin.tcl ~/pd-externals/
> 	install -p -m755 $(PROGRAM) ~/pd-externals/
Ok.. but I think someone was raising the issue of a ~/pd-externals dir
being created. Anyway it does make sense to distribute the plug-in
> If you want to publicize this, you could add it to the GUI Plugins
> section of the new download page:
> http://puredata.info/community/projects/software/
> http://puredata.info/docs/sitedocs/AddingYourProjectToDownloads
I'll do that as soon as I have time, maybe once the save is done... An
open without  a matching save seems a bit strange atm :)

Lorenzo