[PD] Plugin for 0.43 to have a gtk-looking open dialog

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Tue Dec 14 15:47:18 CET 2010

On 2010-12-14 15:31, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:

> I believe the objection you mention is that Pd-extended automatically
> creates ~/pd-externals.  ~/pd-externals is the standard user-install
> path for Pd-vanilla and Pd-extended.

since i think that lorenzo relates to me raising the issues, i can
confirm that i am indeed concerned with pd-extended automatically
creating the ~/pd-externals folder.

i don't mind so much if the ~/pd-externals folder is searched
automatically, but why would anybody want to have an empty folder in
their home-directory.

>  No sudo or root access needed.

people who are able to copy a file from ~/Downloads/superduper into
~/pd-externals can probably be expected to be able to create a
~/pd-externals directory.
for externals that come with an installation routine (for users who are
not willing to copy files around manually), this can create the
directory as well.

ghmsdft
IOhannes