[PD] PD OOP?

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Tue Dec 14 20:40:50 CET 2010

On Mon, 13 Dec 2010, Andrew Faraday wrote:

> I've had a bit of a daydream about a further development in PD. Could an
> expression be placed into the arguments of an object, or even a named
> receive become part of expr

Written the way you wrote it, that would conflict with the means to access
a global variable in [expr]. That's a [v], not a [r].

> I suppose the dream would be to have something like
> [osc~ (pitch * 2)]

That conflicts with the syntax used in GridFlow for nested lists. It would
also conflict with the syntax of [expr] itself, I suppose (depends on
details).

> Does anyone know of anything like this to streamline pd? Or am I just
> dreaming here?

I like dreaming too, but I need the dreams to be consistent with what's
already there and without conflicts.