[PD] mix_movement and pix_mean_color

Jack jack at rybn.org
Wed Dec 15 01:15:39 CET 2010

Le mardi 14 décembre 2010 à 18:18 -0500, Mathieu Bouchard a écrit :
> On Wed, 15 Dec 2010, Anas Ghrab wrote:
>
> > Is it normal that I get always 1 on the fourth output after the [unpack
> > f f f f] from the second outlet of [pix_mean_color] ? I tried with an
> > [alpha], but nothing changed.
>
> Bonjour,
>
> [alpha] in itself doesn't modify a pix, it only activates the use of the
> alpha channel in a tex,
No, it activate alpha blending in the fragment processor, so on a geo
after resterization or/and a texture apply on this rasterized geo.
>  and so, it's only relevant after using
> [pix_texture],
Or without [pix_texture] (just a geo).
> and it doesn't do what you want to do.
that true.

> What do you want the alpha channel to represent, in your pix ?
Only the alpha !
Look at the 'data' folder in the gem example, there is a
'fractalAlpha.TIF', [pix_mean_color] return the average of the alpha in
this pix.

Anas, put a [pix_rgba] after [pix_video].
++

Jack