[PD] PD OOP?

brandon zeeb zeeb.brandon at gmail.com
Wed Dec 15 16:55:19 CET 2010

Agreed.  By "everything" I should have been more precise:

   1. tables
   2. ui elements
   3. values
   4. send/receive
   5. throw/catch
   6. I'm probably forgetting something...

All of the above are available globally within a given patch without some
kind of namespacing (either with $0 or some eventual derivative thereof).

In a scalable Pd patch, this makes up most of the communication in a given
patch.  You are right, when something must be local, a patch cord is most
appropriate.

Cheers,
~Brandon

On Wed, Dec 15, 2010 at 10:36 AM, Mathieu Bouchard <matju at artengine.ca>wrote:

> On Wed, 15 Dec 2010, IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:
>
>> On 2010-12-15 13:51, brandon zeeb wrote:
>>
>>>   1. Everything is global
>>>
>> hmm, i'd say the content of a message is as local as can be.
>>

> A patchcord by itself is also pretty local. Think of it as some kind of
> function-pointer (or rather, inlet-pointer).

Brandon Zeeb