[PD] L2Ork Pd update now available

Ivica Ico Bukvic ico at vt.edu
Wed Dec 15 20:56:38 CET 2010

> > > It seems it is not, because it has a copy of
> > > 'symbol2list.pd_linux'
> > > renamed to 's2l.pd_linux' in extra/flatspace.
> >
> > Yeah, there's a whole bunch of aliases in externals/build that work
> > the same way.
>
> Are there any other that exhibit this issue? s2l is missing because
> latest svn builds of pd-extended (and consequently pd-l2ork) drop
> support for flatspace. As you will notice pd-l2ork has no flatspace
> folder whatsoever. this can be fixed witha symlink addition to the
> install script but before I do that, can someone please send me a list
> of any other objects that are currently missing?
>
> Many thanks!
>
> Ico

Ok, so I made a list of flatspace objects missing and I keep wondering
if it would not be better to simply do away with all these aliases and
start anew thus encouraging all potential users of pd-l2ork to shed
their redundant aliases in their patches. Sure, it is a few more chars
to type but is that really such a big deal? What do others think here,
particularly Hans since he made the call to get rid of flatspace in the
first place? Hans?