[PD] L2Ork Pd update now available

Jonathan Wilkes jancsika at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 16 02:00:08 CET 2010

--- On Thu, 12/16/10, Mathieu Bouchard <matju at artengine.ca> wrote:

> From: Mathieu Bouchard <matju at artengine.ca>
> Subject: Re: [PD] L2Ork Pd update now available
> To: "Ivica Ico Bukvic" <ico at vt.edu>
> Cc: "Jonathan Wilkes" <jancsika at yahoo.com>, pd-list at iem.at
> Date: Thursday, December 16, 2010, 12:17 AM
> On Wed, 15 Dec 2010, Ivica Ico Bukvic
> wrote:
>
> > So I guess what I'm saying is that community needs to
> decide whether to keep the long or short versions of those
> objects and convert the ones that arent accordingly.
>
> Ah, but who is the community, exactly ?

I can tell you with 100% certainty that the community wants to keep
whichever version they are currently using in their patches.

In other words, 100% of the community wants their patches to work,
which very likely means you have to keep both long and short versions.

Btw-- other libraries have aliases, like iemlib which has its own
workaround "alias" folder.  Not sure about the other libraries,
though.

-Jonathan