[PD] question about import and some of the patches found in the manual

Ivica Ico Bukvic ico at vt.edu
Thu Dec 16 18:58:12 CET 2010

On Thu, 2010-12-16 at 12:51 -0500, Ivica Ico Bukvic wrote:
> I tried opening a patch that used some of the rradical abstractions and
> found that in the latest svn snapshot pd-l2ork is based on, import fails
> to detect rradical (I thought that is what the meta file was supposed to
> do which is found inside rradical folder). More so, declare also fails
> to extend the path [declare -stdpath extra/rradical]. Either way ezdac~
> (for instance) fails to be created and the only way one can create it is
> by creating it as rradical/ezdac~. Is this really how things should work
> in the latest release? If so, what is the purpose of import when
> practically no lib is built in pd-extended as a lib but rather as a set
> of objects?

To add to this, it appears that import fails to "import" directories
having abstractions only (rather than libs). You can still "import"
individual objects but I guess the latest release is leaning towards
moving away from both declare and import in favor of prefixing
everything, correct?

Also, is declare deprecated? It has apparently no effect on the search
path (at least not here)--even if I declare absolute path it still fails
to find anything.