[PD] question about import and some of the patches found in the manual

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Thu Dec 16 19:36:45 CET 2010

On Dec 16, 2010, at 1:08 PM, Husk 00 wrote:

> On Thu, Dec 16, 2010 at 6:58 PM, Ivica Ico Bukvic <ico at vt.edu> wrote:
>
>> To add to this, it appears that import fails to "import" directories
>> having abstractions only (rather than libs).
>
> Hi Ivica,
> for imports my own abstraction directories in my search path I use
> declare -path dir
> where dir is the dir I want to import in a relative path.
> I don't know if it is correct, but it's work.
> So if I'm wrong please point me to the correct method.
> cheers
> husk

For a libdir/folder full of abstractions, these should all work:

[declare -path mylibdir]
[import libdir mylibdir]
[declare -lib libdir -lib mylibdir]

If you want your folder to be a libdir library, then it just needs to
have a mylibdir/mylibdir-meta.pd file in it, and the libdir.pd_linux
loader needs to be loaded beforehand.

Ico, I think your problem is probably that you don't have the libdir
loader loaded.  [declare] and [import] are both here to stay, IMHO.
For l2ork, I think basing your release off of trunk is pretty
hazardous if you want stability.  The whole point of copying
everything to a pd-extended release branch in SVN is so that
everything can be tested and bugfixed.