[PD] libraries in Pd-extended 0.43

Jamie Bullock jamie at postlude.co.uk
Thu Dec 16 21:35:45 CET 2010

On 14 Dec 2010, at 04:58, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:

> On Mon, 2010-12-13 at 20:25 -0800, Jonathan Wilkes wrote:

The concept of classes doesn't have anything to do with inheritance, it's about separating the abstract representation of something (class), and a concrete instance of that thing (object).

The terminology is used liberally in the Pd html manual http://www.crca.ucsd.edu/~msp/Pd_documentation/x2.htm and I think it's perfectly clear and not confusing at all.

In fact it's more confusing to avoid the term class, since this then makes Pd inconsistent with other languages.

Jamie