[PD] L2Ork Pd update now available

Ivica Ico Bukvic ico at vt.edu
Fri Dec 17 01:11:44 CET 2010

On Wed, 2010-12-15 at 17:15 -0800, Jonathan Wilkes wrote:
> Hi Ivica,
>      This may just be leftovers from a previous install:
> When I run pd by typing in '/usr/local/bin/pd-l2ork' it works fine.
>
> When I run it by typing pd-l2ork, I get:
>
> sh: /usr/bin/pd-gui: not found
>
> And it just waits there until I hit <ctrl-c>.
>
> Any hints?
>
> -Jonathan

Actually, it seems that the default installer in packages/linux_make/
folder fails to produce sane binary when building a tarbz2 rather than a
deb. First of all it keeps running dpkg-shlibdeps even when running make
tarbz2 as it has an if statement that changes it to deb (if deb package
is present) and then it assumes that binary should be built in /usr/bin
directory rather than in /usr/local/bin.

Hans, shouldn't the following code be under the package: part? Otherwise
it overrides tarbz2 settings if one has dpkg-deb installed regardless of
what the user has input and results in erroneous build, no?

# if machine has dpkg-deb, build a Debian package
ifeq ($(shell test -x /usr/bin/dpkg-deb && echo YES),YES)
  PACKAGE_TYPE = deb
else
  PACKAGE_TYPE = tarbz2
endif