[PD] L2Ork Pd update now available

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Fri Dec 17 03:52:05 CET 2010

On Thu, 16 Dec 2010, Ivica Ico Bukvic wrote:

> Actually, they are not hard at all. I already tried building the whole
> thing with aliases and it boils down to changing a few lines in the
> installer. That said, I've reverted it back as I philosophically agree
> with Hans. There is no reason for those aliases to exist other than
> backward compatibility. Then again, it is exactly this kind of backward
> compatibility (imho) that has been keeping Pd from evolving faster.

Evolving from where to where, and why ?

Going from a pd world with aliases, to a pd world without aliases, is only
an evolution for people who like to think that it's more evolved to ditch
the aliases.

Do you have a philosophy, or just a preference ? Then can you state your
logic for getting to that conclusion ?