[PD] PD OOP?

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Sat Dec 18 05:01:41 CET 2010

On Sat, 18 Dec 2010, Chris McCormick wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 17, 2010 at 12:10:24PM -0500, Mathieu Bouchard wrote:
>> expressing yourself at an appropriate level of understanding, but
> The appropriate level of understanding is the level at which people hear the
> noise and want to party. Is there any more important level? Of course not.

I'm talking about the manner of patching for making the noises the way you
want and keep it manageable, etc.

> I don't know of a good way to quantify "how much are you compensating?"

I don't know either...

> As for "learn kludgy workarounds," I probably do that less in reality than I
> seem to do in your imagination.

I don't know.

> This might sound terribly lazy and self serving to you,

Oh, being lazy and self serving is not necessarily a bad thing !

>>> It's like writing a haiku.
>> Haikus don't get any work done.
> Haha! Wow. The statement is technically correct.

;)

>> (And I'm not even convinced that they _say_ anything either !)
> Maybe the problem isn't with the haikus.

Maybe it's not a problem. (I didn't say it is.)

>> And if you cared about getting patches to remain as small as they can be,
>> you'd care a lot more about externals than you do.
> At which point did I say I cared about getting patches to remain as small as
> they can be?

It's the "it's like
writing a haiku" analogy
that confused me.