[PD] [PD-dev] pd-pidip into Debian

Menno van der Woude mennowo at gmail.com
Sun Dec 19 20:01:35 CET 2010

Hi,

the discussion on licensing is quite new to me, hope this question
makes any sense...

Just wondering, now that PiDiP does not have a 'free' license, does
that mean I could get into trouble if I use [pdp_ctrack] and/or
[pdp_mgrid] in patches for potential use in a commercial theatre
performance or other kind of installation? What does commercial mean
in this regard, is it ok if application of a patch that holds these
objects in a performance or installation brings me money?

So would it be better to find an alternative? Or to rewrite it?

For my current purposes, the output of [pdp_ctrack], giving outer
coordinates of a specific object, is really nice, because the output
is precise and I can have a frame be drawn so I can monitor and
calibrate the patch. That's nice! However, if the licensing issue may
give trouble, an alternative may be better...

Also wondering if this whole discussion affects puredata_opencv?

Ciao, menno