[PD] PD OOP?

Chris McCormick chris at mccormick.cx
Mon Dec 20 04:47:24 CET 2010

On Sat, Dec 18, 2010 at 09:27:14AM +0000, Andrew Faraday wrote:
> I understand the haiku analogy is about code being short, eloquent and saying
> what needs to be said in relatively few words.

Ah, sorry for the confusion. I meant it to say that sometimes constraining
yourself, as with following the rules for writing haiku, can help creativity.
For some artists, there is nothing scarier than a page with no words on it, or
a canvas with no paint (or objects) on it. If you start with some rules about
what you are allowed to put on the canvas, this can paradoxically enhance your
creativity.

Cheers,

Chris.