[PD] PD OOP?

Andy Farnell padawan12 at obiwannabe.co.uk
Mon Dec 20 16:26:41 CET 2010

I've read a few good things about creativity.

There's this one beautiful book I have on my shelf here.
It's called "The creative process", edited by Brewster
Ghislen. It's a paperback that was 99p in a charity shop,
published by Mentor. These kind of treasures are rare
as pigs eggs. Get it if you see one.

It's a collection of essays by Albert Einstein,
Vincent van Gogh, Yasuo Kuniyoshi, Fredrich Nietzsche,
Cal Jung, Mary Wigman, AE Housman, WB Yeats, Henry
James, Henry Moore, Thomas Wolfe, DH Lawrence, Steven Spender
Paul Valery, Samuel Coleridge, Max Ernst, Julian Levi, Christian
Zervos, Harold Shapero, Roger Sessions, Henry Poincare, Rudyard
Kipling, JH Preston, Dorothy Canfield, Katherine Anne Porter,
Morton Prince, Herbert Spencer, RW Gerard.

All kinds of weird and wonderful things are thrust into the
discussion, issues like family and formative experience, faith,
habitat and sleep, diet, motivation, social and cultural
relationships... Emotions like joy, frustration, anger, love,
and, as they reflect deeper structures of Selfhood, Angst,
Kirkegaardian despair, Destiny.

In spite of a relativist position the idea of "a correct
interpretation" of creativity is destroyed. It would make
the most hardened cognitive scientist take a step back and
question deeply all they think they know. Turns out there are
as many kinds of creativity as there are minds. That's what makes
it creativity.

a.

--
Andy Farnell <padawan12 at obiwannabe.co.uk>