[PD] Javascript in PD?

Claude Heiland-Allen claude at goto10.org
Mon Dec 20 16:55:43 CET 2010

http://gitorious.org/pdlua

> tcl, haskell,

http://gitorious.org/pdhaskell

The pd<->haskell bridge I wrote has bitrotted for 3+ years, so, probably
not any more (unless someone else forked it or wrote a new one).  May be
revived at some point, as hs-plugins has finally been updated to recent
GHC versions...

> scheme, java, c#, etc. (there are several
> other lesser known and there exists no database of existing externals,
> so this is just by memory)

I made a brainfuck interpreter as an abstraction, and I'm pretty sure it
isn't the only one out there...

> But there's nothing that allows you to write source code in a box... the
> closest is [expr].

http://claudiusmaximus.goto10.org/g/tech/lexpr-help.pd.png

[lexpr x -> (function(y) return x + y end)(x)] also works

Though, I just tried typing a ; in an [lexpr ...] box and pd froze, so,
I have a bug to fix somewhere...

Claude