[PD] Building PD-x on OSX.5.8, macbookpro 4,1

Mark Pasquesi mjsqueeze at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 20 22:37:02 CET 2010

ola

--- On Mon, 12/20/10, ydegoyon at gmail.com <ydegoyon at gmail.com> wrote:

From: ydegoyon at gmail.com <ydegoyon at gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [PD] Building PD-x on OSX.5.8, macbookpro 4,1
To: "Mark Pasquesi" <mjsqueeze at yahoo.com>
Cc: "Hans-Christoph Steiner" <hans at at.or.at>, "IEM Puredata List" <pd-list at iem.at>
Date: Monday, December 20, 2010, 6:56 PM

ola,

Mark Pasquesi wrote:
> HC,
>
> I've upgraded my 4,1 pro to 10.6.5.  Have upgraded Fink and Macports.  No success with building gem yet for the 64-bit PD-extended.  If anyone has had luck, would be interested in how.
>
> However, Pidip and Gem work great with the new 32 PD-extended.  Great work!
>
> The tatiana patch for Pidip has the ffmpeg streamer proposed.  I will try linking that over the next few days, using the embedded linking, once I have holidays.

yes maybe it's still there but it's totally outdated,
as streaming with ffmpeg has been abandonned in pidip...

it has been replaced by theora/vorbis ogg streaming
to an icecast server using pdp_theonice~
[THEora ON ICEcast ]...
so replace this in the patch.

it works better, but with some strange behaviour in video/sound
synchronisation with pd,
it might still have some problems to transmit
audio correctly ( depends on your drivers ).

have fun!
sevy

ps : btw your message is almost 1Mb,
please send only useful bits.
Thanks Sevy.
1) Is theonice already included in the distro, or should I build icecast and link?
2) Which penguin do you use with pidip. I may switch to Mint XFCe 9( - No Pulse!!), but worried about support for Pd, gem, pidp, extended, gridflow.

cheers,
MArk
(shorter, non?)