[PD] grdflow v4l2 error

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Thu Dec 23 02:55:53 CET 2010

On Thu, 23 Dec 2010, Yvan Volochine wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 22, 2010 at 11:36 PM, Mathieu Bouchard <matju at artengine.ca> wrote:
> mmh, I updated to maverick (2.6.25-24-generic) and it looks like it was a bad idea..
> any gridflow patch just freezes my os now :/

Any, or just when you try to get a frame from [#camera] ?

I do get a lot of freezes from [#camera], but that's because of the pwc.ko
driver (for the Philips protocol). As far as I can tell, the Linux kernel
has been shipping with a bad version of pwc for a while. But it doesn't
freeze the OS, it just means I have to unload and reload the driver quite
often, and kill Pd (Ctrl+c in the terminal works, but Ctrl+q in the pd-gui
doesn't). I should reinstall a non-bundled version of pwc.ko like I used
to have (I think I recall it made a difference).

What's your situation ? (camera driver, if that's an issue...)