[PD] grdflow v4l2 error

Yvan Volochine yvan.pd at gmail.com
Thu Dec 23 03:45:32 CET 2010

On Thu, Dec 23, 2010 at 3:17 AM, Mathieu Bouchard <matju at artengine.ca>wrote:

> On Thu, 23 Dec 2010, Yvan Volochine wrote:
>
>  any patch (just by opening them)
>>

> even hello-world.pd ?

yep (but this one crashes after a couple of secs)

> What if you create a new patch and put some GridFlow objects in it ?

for some it works (like #window #rotate) but it seems inconsistent
it's not on my machine so I have to go back and forth to make further tests
and I can't make as much as I'd like..

 I use a Sony Eye usb cam (from ps3).

If your freeze is not related to [#camera], in the end, it does not matter.

> BTW, several other people reported that the PS3eye didn't work with
> GridFlow. Did it really work for you ?

yes, we also have an old asus here, PS3 eye works fine with gridflow on it

BTW the same kernel on the old machine works fine
it seems related to the FireGL, which is a pity if it's the case...
unfortunately I don't have much ideas to try...

thanks again,
_y