[PD] grdflow v4l2 error

Roman Haefeli reduzent at gmail.com
Thu Dec 23 08:44:34 CET 2010

On Wed, 2010-12-22 at 21:17 -0500, Mathieu Bouchard wrote:
> On Thu, 23 Dec 2010, Yvan Volochine wrote:
>
> > any patch (just by opening them)
>
> even hello-world.pd ?
>
> What if you create a new patch and put some GridFlow objects in it ?
>
> > sorry but how do I find out my camera driver ?
> > I use a Sony Eye usb cam (from ps3).
>
> If your freeze is not related to [#camera], in the end, it does not
> matter.
>
> BTW, several other people reported that the PS3eye didn't work with
> GridFlow. Did it really work for you ?

This camera works for me on Ubuntu 9.10 and 10.04 (haven't tested on
other releases, but it might work as well). It uses the gspca driver
(gspca_ov534, to be exact).

The driver shipped with Ubuntu doesn't have an interface to adjust the
camera settings, so it works with a fixed size of 640x480 and a fixed
rate of 30 fps. However, with the kaswy [1] patch applied, all settings
are exposed.

[1] http://kaswy.free.fr/?q=node/38#ps3

Roman