[PD] timing

Mike Moser-Booth mmoserbooth at gmail.com
Thu Dec 23 14:10:58 CET 2010

On 12/22/10 7:28 PM, Dietrich Pank wrote:
> thank you guys for your answers!
>
> I think I understand the basic theory.
> Experience is something else... e.g.
> line~ and metro doesn't work sample correct even in block~ size 1
> vline~ doesn't work in block~ sizes <64
>
> And even thresholds fastest response is 64, less block size doesn't
> increase it's quality. I'm baffled because I understood this object as
> gateway from audio back to event (sample count/analysis to trigger)...

I have found this to be the case as well. It seems most (maybe all, not
sure) signal-to-message objects have a minimum hard limit of 64 samples.
[bang~], [edge~], and [threshold~] I've noticed for sure are like this.
I don't know about [vline~] since I use it to avoid having to change the
block size. :-)

[metro~] is sample accurate, but it has a minimum of 1 ms. If you need
to go faster than that, make a [metro] by having a [delay] retrigger itself.

.mmb