[PD] [PD-announce] Piksel video report: Sonification of IT censorship technologies

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Thu Dec 23 18:59:15 CET 2010

On Thu, 23 Dec 2010, Jonathan Wilkes wrote:
> --- On Thu, 12/23/10, Mathieu Bouchard <matju at artengine.ca> wrote:
>> In Romantic times, an anti-scientific strand of artists took over, who
>> were really obsessed by their emotions.
>
> Which strand of composers are you talking about?

I'm not very much talking about composers. I have the impression that
Romanticism tended to have a separate meaning when it was only about
music. I was thinking mostly about literature.

I don't know what it meant in terms of how composers approached
composition back then. If someone could tell me if there was any general
change of techniques that is relevant to what I'm saying...

I didn't study art history, so, I don't have enough background to talk so
much more about it.