[PD] GEM: camera and perspec

Jack jack at rybn.org
Thu Dec 23 21:36:40 CET 2010

Le jeudi 23 décembre 2010 à 19:39 +0100, Max a écrit :
> Hi List,
>
> I was wondering why Gem has a camera AND the perspec/view messages to gemwin. Isn't it redundant?
I don't know camera, is it the viewpoint ? This viewpoint is defined by
the view (position, view point/azimut, etc.) and the frustum (in GEM the
perspec) witch defined an area (volume) in which things are visible.
So i don't know if it is redundant ;)
> Afaik even with both methods it's not possible to render two perspectives in a split screen or texture a second view on a geo.
This should be possible but it depends on the type of performance you
want... You can use [gemframebuffer] with [pix_snap] and [pix_share].
> Since the multiple gemwin branch seems dead i am looking for a different solution, the only option which comes to my mind is to open two pd/Gem instances and have two times the same patch open with a different camera/perspec/view. Is that right? Or am I missing something?
Yep, maybe, if you don't want a high performance, see the solution
above.
With [gemframebuffer], you can manage the viewpoint and frustum, then
capture it with [pix_snap] and share this capture with an other pd
instance (then gem window) with [pix_share_write/read].
++

Jack