[PD] [PD-announce] Joyeux Noël !

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Fri Dec 24 13:49:17 CET 2010

On Fri, 24 Dec 2010, ALAN BROOKER wrote:

> nice!

That's actually a little piece of a bottle of pineapple juice going
through a complex-number deformation, that is being applied several times,
and each intermediate result becomes a layer in the final image.

What's unusual here, is that I picked a complex-number formula that I
hadn't tried before, wanting to look for anything that looked like a
snowflake, and I unexpectedly stumbled upon something that looks like
Koch's snowflake :

   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Koch_snowflake

which appears as a black line in a dark area of

>          http://gridflow.ca/gallery/joyeux_no%C3%ABl.png

But it's not exactly the same shape : in Koch, the straight lines you use
as building blocks, are curvy in the case of my shape.