[PD] question about pd tutorial

Aaron L. elmastero74 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 31 23:51:37 CET 2010

Yeah, I just copied it directly from the tutorial site so user error can be
ruled out..... which is nice.

Weird that it's working for you guys.
On Dec 31, 2010 2:28 PM, "Andrew Faraday" <jbturgid at hotmail.com> wrote:

> hey Aaron
>
> This should change the audible volume of the mic input, and not the visual
meter.

> A couple of simple questions,
>
> Did you just copy this down directly or recreate it yourself?
> Have you tried moving the slider to the bottom then checking if you can
hear any of the mic in your headphones?

> If you made it yourself, check that you're not missing something from the
tutorial diagram.

> Andrew
>

> ________________________________
> Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2010 14:12:40 -0800
> From: elmastero74 at gmail.com
> To: Pd-list at iem.at
> Subject: [PD] question about pd tutorial
>

> Hi.
>
> I'm trying to do the tutorial near the bottom of this page (the one titled
"3.1.2.2.3 Processing adc-input"):

> http://www.pd-tutorial.com/english/ch03.html
>
> ....which mentions "Say something into a microphone and play it back at a
changed volume"

> I'm not totally sure how this would work, however.
>
> I can indeed see the signal on my mic when talking into it (i.e. it gets
hotter the louder I talk) but using the slider doesn't do anything to the
volume.

> At least from what I can tell anyway.
>
> Am I missing something here?  Could it be my audio setup (I'm on Ubuntu
8.04 using ALSA)?

> Should I be hearing the volume increase when sliding up and volume
decreasing when sliding down?  Because I'm not.