[PD] Pd-X update confusion

Pedro Lopes pedro.lopes at ist.utl.pt
Mon Jan 3 15:25:39 CET 2011

Nice read this one (
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/579300), thanks for
pointing Kim.

>The audio drama in Ubuntu continues......
I really don't feel that it is a drama. Its a non technological freeze (you
had alsa, then oss, then jack, then jack2, then in the future who knows..and
these things have to talk to each other and worst.... with hardware!) but
that is almost impossible to overcome in the open source world, I guess if
people want to freeze, just turn off the updates.. haha.

I've use puredyne and ubuntu a lot. There really good at handling audio, and
a lot alike, Using jack I don't feel any issues. The only boring thing is
making the browser sound (namelly flash players) going into jack with a lot
mumbo-jumbo tricks.

Best regards,
Pedro

Pedro Lopes (MSc)