[PD] Linux script to launch JACK and Pd at once

Thomas Mayer thomas at residuum.org
Sat Jan 8 00:58:14 CET 2011

Hi,

On 07.01.2011 20:49, Pierre Massat wrote:
> don't know if it made it through the storm...
>
> 2011/1/3 Pierre Massat <pimassat at gmail.com>
>
>> Hi all!
>>
>> Happy new year first of all!
>>
>> Is there a way i can write a script that would start Jack and Pd in the
>> proper order by clicking on a single file?

I have made two simple scripts for that, one that starts jack, qjackctl
and programs, that are in a text file with each program in a seperate
line, and another script to stop all started programs. To use them for
puredata only, rewrite the "while["$1"]; do done" portions to start only Pd.

The textfiles look like that:

pdextended -rt -jack -alsamidi -inchannels 2 -outchannels 8
ardour2

>> And is there a way i can start both as root? (I need to use HID) I'm
>> assuming this would be quite a big breach though.

To start programs with root provileges, use gksu or gksudo for X11 programs.

cu Thomas
--
"[D]ie Kunst flieht, wenn ihr eure Thaten sofort mit dem historischen
Zeltdach überspannt." (Friedrich Nietzsche - Vom Nutzen und Nachtheil