[PD] (OT) audio (but not only) software in ubuntu maverick

Pagano, Patrick pat at digitalworlds.ufl.edu
Sat Jan 8 16:08:03 CET 2011

ardour
ceclia
zsynaddsubfx
audacity
hydrogen

From: pd-list-bounces at iem.at [pd-list-bounces at iem.at] On Behalf Of João Pais [jmmmpais at googlemail.com]
Sent: Saturday, January 08, 2011 6:25 AM
To: PD-List
Subject: [PD] (OT) audio (but not only) software in ubuntu maverick

Hi,

I'm trying once more ubuntu on my thinkpad laptop, this time maverick. So
far things are going well, pdext+jack+ardour (from source) are working,
and the system didn't break down after some days of setup+work (which is
more than last time).

As I'm not up to date on ubuntu, I wanted to ask about suggestions for
audio software suited for quality work. I would be looking for a sound
editor, ladspa/lv2 effects (specially good EQs), etc. etc.

Also any other sugestions for small aplications that make life easier
(e.g. extra menus, file management, mp3/ogg players/converters, ...) are
welcome.

If anyone also uses a thinkpad and has a way of seting up the trackpoint,
I would be interested to know.

Thanks,

João Pais

--