[PD] sigmund~ constant noise problem

Lorenzo Sutton lsutton at libero.it
Sun Jan 9 21:50:36 CET 2011

Shaul Tzemach wrote:
> hi,
> I'm using sigmund~ to get sound input from microphone(with adc~), the
> data is controling the movement of gem objects. But it seems that the
> sigmund~ respond to silence as well and react in a constant change of
> the data. Is there a way to control this noise?
Depends on the 'noise' and what is producing it. Ideally you should
first of all try to achieve the best signal:noise ratio for the signal
you want to use to feed sigmund~. After which you might try some sort of
gating, depending on the source type (you talk about silence so you
could look at e.g. at [threshold~] or [env~]) and application.

Lorenzo