[PD] optimizing big patches

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Tue Jan 11 23:08:21 CET 2011

On Tue, 11 Jan 2011, András Murányi wrote:
> 2011/1/11 Mathieu Bouchard <matju at artengine.ca>
>> There are a lot of possible ways to compile patches without having to
>> deal with machine code generation and use. I'm sure you can triple the
>> speed of a lot of patches in this manner, and I wouldn't be surprised
>> to get tenfold improvements in some cases.
>
> That sounds too cool! Is there a way which includes graphical objects as
> well?

I'm only thinking about accelerating the message-passing (outlet_anything,
typedmess, zgetfn, etc), that's all. Any graphical accelerations
(sys_vgui) are a separate matter, and I think that a patch-compiler is
quite irrelevant in that matter. The non-graphical part of the object
would still be optimised to the same level though.