[PD] keyword/regexp search of documentation in a plugin

Jonathan Wilkes jancsika at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 13 03:13:59 CET 2011

1 the results aren't clickable
2 you can't enter multiple non-contiguous terms
3 no control over AND vs. OR (or is there?)
4 doesn't differentiate between tutorial/example patches and object-help
patches (what if I just want to find the object named 'gate'?)
5 most of the results don't fit into the window size
6 full text search makes it impossible to get useful results for 'float',
array', 'list', etc.
7 can't search by inlet, object function, author, etc. (PDDP META tags)
8 non-friendly user interface
9 it doesn't seem to be searching the manual

I've already got a pd patch that is well on its way to curing 1-8 (posted
screenshots awhile back), but it requires toxy, which seems to have been
removed from pd-ext, and there is currently no (non-buggy) tk 'entry'
object in existence.

-Jonathan