[PD] pdp_vloopback ?

IOhannes zmölnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Fri Jan 14 18:17:05 CET 2011

On 01/14/2011 06:01 PM, benjamin 01xy wrote:
> oups,
> I thought it had moved but main site of webcamstudio remains here :
> http://www.ws4gl.org/
>
> by the way, it worked for me in GEM in both way (grab your gemwin <>
> feed pix_video > gemwin with webcamstudio)

btw, the SVN version of Gem has support for writing to both vloopback
(aka v4l(1)-loopback) and v4l2loopback

so you can do the gemwin->/dev/video* directly within Gem

i very much prefer v4l2loopback because:
- you can use gstreamer to write to /dev/video
- you can use more apps to read from these pipes (using LIBV4L should be
possible for writing as well)
- i'm involved in development :-)

fgmadr
IOhannes