[PD] Resize Gem window - text GROWS

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Sun Jan 16 17:21:06 CET 2011

On Sun, 16 Jan 2011, Ed Kelly wrote:

> Can anybody tell me why, when I make the GEM window size bigger, the
> text rendered from the [text3d] object also gets bigger?

Everything ought to get bigger in such circumstances, as the size of a GL
unit remains the same. Supposing a default camera/viewport, for an XY
object at depth Z=0, the image rows go from +4 GL units to -4 GL units,
and the image columns go from -4*aspect GL units to +4*aspect GL units.

aspect is the image width divided by the image height.

If you just want to make a bigger sheet, you need to increase the number
of vertical units from 8 to something proportionally bigger (new window
size divided by old window size, times 8).