[PD] Pd-extended and Firefox

John Harrison john.harrison at alum.mit.edu
Sun Jan 16 17:31:00 CET 2011

using JACK is the best way to go in terms of performance and low
latency. If you don't care about latency in Pd and don't want to muck
with settings, you can just do:

aoss pd -oss

and everything will cooperate together, with something like a 200ms
latency in Pd.

Previously I tried using JACK as the backend for pulseaudio as Pedro is
suggesting. It works pretty well except that it was set up on my laptop
and things would get screwy after my laptop would wake up from
hibernation. I'm sure that's solvable but at the time I gave up after
spending too long playing with hibernation scripts trying to solve it
and achieving inconsistent results.

-John