[PD] Linux script to launch JACK and Pd at once

Marco Donnarumma devel at thesaddj.com
Mon Jan 17 19:11:10 CET 2011

Hi Pierre,
also the -p argument is quite useful if you use multiple soundcard (like
travel setup, studio, etc...), as it allows to choose which profiles you
want jack to load.

Using many applications for one project, I found useful the following
script.

First, I have one folder where to save all different software patches
included in a project.
I keep one unique name for several file formats, so I can use the script
below to launch a studio setup at once indicating the project name as a
variable $1.

#! /bin/bash

qjackctl -s -p FocusriteSaffire40 &
sleep 5

ardour2 ../ardour/$1/$1.ardour &
hydrogen $1.h2song &
zynaddsubfx -l $1/$1.xmz &
seq24 --file $1/$1.midi &

exit

--
Marco Donnarumma aka TheSAD
Independent New Media Arts Professional, Performer, Teacher

PORTFOLIO: http://marcodonnarumma.com
LAB: http://www.thesaddj.com | http://cntrl.sourceforge.net |
http://www.flxer.net
EVENT: http://www.liveperformersmeeting.net