[PD] HID in Ubuntu 10.04

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Thu Jan 20 18:19:45 CET 2011

The [hid] code is the same, perhaps something you set up before just
took effect with the updates.  Did you follow the HID on Ubuntu docs
on puredata.info?

.hc

On Jan 18, 2011, at 12:13 PM, Pierre Massat wrote:

> Now i'm scared to let Ubuntu install the latest updates...
>
> 2011/1/18 Pierre Massat <pimassat at gmail.com>
> Hello,
>
> I recently mentioned in a post that i had to run pd as root in order
> to use HID.
> I just opened the hid object in ubuntu 10.04, without running pd a
> root, and much to my surprise it works flawlessly with my gamepad.
>
> Is the ubuntu distro just getting insanely awesome or what? I can
> use HID without being root and i get a 5ms latency without having to
> install a patched rt kernel. Is this heaven? Please pinch me.
>
> Seriously, regarding HID, is this a security issue that will be
> fixed in the next updates or is it permanently there? Or did Hans
> fix something in the code?
>
> I'm happy right now.
>
> Pierre

"We have nothing to fear from love and commitment." - New York Senator
Diane Savino, trying to convince the NY Senate to pass a gay marriage
bill