[PD] linking libs in extern development

david medine dmedine at ucsd.edu
Fri Jan 21 01:55:08 CET 2011

OK, nuts to that. First, I must correct myself, the makefile I am
referring to is in the Pd.etc.app/Contents/Resources/extra folder. (By
the way, I am at home working on my Mac right now, I haven't tried this
on my beastly linux box at all yet and so I am not sure what all the
details of this issue are there off the top of my head.)

Also, I went ahead and dropped the -c flag from the makefile (this flag
stops linking altogether when make is run) and apparently when you do
this, the extern won't build at all! I think this has something to do
with the fact that in this mode, gcc needs to link with all the Pd
objects also, (because terminal tells me so...) but this explanation
doesn't really make sense to me.

Does anyone know how to tweak the makefile (or any clean method, for
that matter) so that one can link libraries to externals?
Thanks again,
David