[PD] linking libs in extern development

IOhannes m zmölnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Fri Jan 21 11:01:42 CET 2011

On 01/21/2011 04:34 AM, david medine wrote:
> so that the first line reads:
>
> 'current: pd_darwin'

how about calling make with "pd_darwin" instead?
e.g.
$ make
would call the first target, whereas
$ make pd_darwin
would call the "pd_darwin" target directly.

> then in the section that sets the rules and recipes for building on make
> it looks so:
>
> 'pd_darwin: $(NAME).pd_darwin
>
> .SUFFIXES: .pd_darwin
>
> DARWINCFLAGS = -DPD -O2 -Wall -W -Wshadow -Wstrict-prototypes \
>     -Wno-unused -Wno-parentheses -Wno-switch
>
> .c.pd_darwin:
>     $(CC) -arch i386  $(DARWINCFLAGS) $(LINUXINCLUDE) -o $*.o -c $*.c
>     $(CC) -arch i386 $(LIBS) -bundle -undefined suppress -flat_namespace \
>         -o $*.pd_darwin $*.o
>     rm -f $*.o'
>
> I took out all the '.d_ppc' and '-arch ppc' stuff that's in the makefile
> that comes with Pd (vanilla) because I have an intel core so ppc junk is
> irrelevant.

irrelevant to you probably.
other people might think  differently (eg. i mostly think that mac is
irrelevant)

> I changed .d_fat to .pd_darwin, because somebody who
> actually knows stuff (unlike me) told me that .pd_darwin is the current
> convention.

whoever this person was, he told you wrong.
while "pd_darwin" is supported, the current convention is "d_fat"

anyhow, rather than reinventing the wheel, i would suggest starting with
the latest version of the template Makefile, as hans has suggested.

fgamsd
IOhannes