[PD] PD ON UBUNTU 10.04 BUG REPORT

Markus Demmel az at zankapfel.org
Fri Jan 21 14:38:42 CET 2011

Cheese uses the gstreamer-Backend, which provides access to several
video-input interfaces afaik and PD uses v4l2/v4l. Right now, i can't
tell for sure which application uses v4l but have you tried with
luvcview and used some parameters to get more information on the webcam?
Or is the picture fine and fast, but the rest of the PC lags? What
Vendor string do you get, when you type in glxinfo? (Or did you install
the proprietary nvidia-drivers?)

Also could you provide a basic example patch? Or try this one here:
http://az.zankapfel.org/?p=72

mrks