[PD] Gem freeze on mac

IOhannes zmölnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Sat Jan 22 14:20:09 CET 2011

hi

On 01/22/2011 01:01 AM, Romain Papion wrote:
> Hello
> I'm making a patch using Gem.

cool

> I am on a mac book pro with snow leopard.
> But when I want to use a video (even with an example from the manual) , put the gemwin and render on, the GEM window freeze. I can see the video but the mouse pointer is frozen. That leads to midi and delay problems and crashes.
> Did you have this question before ? I suppose it's almost the same as in linux
>  http://puredata.info/docs/faq/fix-for-gem-crashing-x11-when-using-fglrx

i cannot see any relation.

> but do you know how I could  fix it ?

not that i know of.
however, it's always better to contact one of the various mailing lists
found at http://lists.puredata.info, either pd-list (for general
questions regarding pd and also Gem) or gem-dev (for very Gem-specific
developer questions), because more people will read your question and
the chance is higher some of them already experienced something similar.
e.g. personally, i don't use osx at all.
also questions and answers will be archived, so other people will be
able to find answers to their problems in the www.

fgmasdr
IOhannes