[PD] interaural time differences

saint saintidle at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 25 12:02:51 CET 2011

Hi Ronni,

I made a crude abstraction that pans using interaural time differences. It gives quite convincing results using just a delay and a lop~ or two. (I also wrapped it as a plugin using pdvst if anyone's interested.)

To use just extract the entire 'j' folder to 'extra' and see 'j/mix/soundstage~-help.pd'

There're two controls - 'Panorama' and 'Proximity'. Panorama is obvious and Proximity, when the auxiliary output is connected to a reverb, moves the sound forward or back in the soundstage.