[PD] ubuntu/ubuntustudio 10.10 pd pd-extended?

J. Simon van der Walt tedthetrumpet at gmail.com
Fri Jan 28 09:37:37 CET 2011

I've installed ubuntu 10.10 on my netbook, and on top of that the
audio packages from ubuntustudio. This is working well. For Pd,
however, I *think* what I have is a vanilla installation, rather than
extended, which I would like. In Synapctic Package Manager I can see I
have puredata 0.42.6-1build1 plus a version of gem, but I can't seem
to see anything in Synaptic which looks like Pd extended. Do I have to
add a software source or something?

Alternatively, on http://puredata.info/downloads I see a link to:

http://downloads.sourceforge.net/pure-data/Pd-0.42.5-extended-ubuntu-maverick-i386.deb

Should I download that instead? Should I remove the existing installation?

(Please excuse the perhaps slightly naive 'now-click-here' tone of
this question: it's deliberate. So far I've managed to get this
machine installed and running the way I want it without using the
terminal once, just coming at it like I would on the mac or pc. I'm
trying to keep going on ubuntu sticking to this policy, partly just to
prove whether or not it can be done...)

Thanks,
JS

--