[PD] Multi-dimensional arrays (fwd)

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Sat Jan 29 01:23:04 CET 2011

On Fri, 28 Jan 2011, Tedb0t wrote:

> Excellent, I've been making tons of progress!  Now I'm wondering if
> there's a way to retrieve a single column from a [#many] object...?

[#slice] can give you any subrectangle inside of that grid, including a
column, but it will give it to you as a 2-dimensional grid ; that is,
dim(1,n). If you need a dim(n) you can use [#redim] afterwards.

> have been trying a for++ loop to iterate through the rows of a specified
> column but it's not working very well and I can only do that via a
> [#store] object...

Do you want to do something like this ?
   http://gridflow.ca/gallery/sequenceur.pd.png
   http://gridflow.ca/gallery/sequenceur.pd.mp3