[PD] is pdp supposed to work?

Matteo Sisti Sette matteosistisette at gmail.com
Mon Jan 31 14:28:58 CET 2011

Hi,

I just downloaded Pd-Extended 0.42.5 for Ubuntu (i was using an older
snapshot which had some troubles) and tried to open some pdp examples,
but they don't work, at least not out-of-the-box.

They don't open any window and there is no "create" message or anything
that looks like it is supposed to open a window - so I guess it is
supposed to open automatically, isn't it? Anyway if I send a [create(
message to pdp_glx a window is opened but nothing happens in it.

When I bang the metro in the examples, I start getting the following errors:
pdp_v4l: auto open failed
pdp_v4l: no device opened
pdp_v4l: attempting auto open
pdp_v4l: retry count reached zero for /dev/video0
pdp_v4l: try to open manually

Any idea of what can be the problem? Am I missing something?

thanks
m.