[PD] pix_set / pix_gain weirdness

Matteo Sisti Sette matteosistisette at gmail.com
Mon Jan 31 16:53:21 CET 2011

Hi,

I get some strange behaviour with the attached patch which is basically:

[gemhead]

  |    [0 0 0 1   1 0 0 1   0 1 0 1   0 0 1 1 (
  |     |
[pix_set]

  |  |  \   // numbox attached to the second i.e. "common" inlet
  |   |
[pix_gain 1]

[pix_texture]

[rectangle]

1) When I send a new value to pix_gain's inlet, the output is not
updated until I re-send the pixel color values to pix_set.

2) If I modify the pix_gain object and change its creation argument
(which means the object is recreated), the pix_set seems to be reset as
well: the rectangle resets to white, as if the pix_set objet was
recreated. I have to re-send the pixel values to pix_set. After doing
this, the pixel colors are as expected and the gain is applied correctly

Why doesn't the pix_gain update its output when a new value of the gain
is applied?

Why does pix_set reset when I recreate the pix_gain object?

Is all this expected behaviour and I am missing something?

thanks
m.