[PD] Am I alone?

Dominic Pflaum dompflaum at gmail.com
Tue Feb 1 22:38:54 CET 2011

> Composers tend to do a terrible job articulating what's relevant in their
> own work. I'd take what a composer professes to be interested in with a
> grain of salt.

Perhaps in some cases but I certainly wouldn't make that a prescriptive
approach. Without understand that's Steve Reich was influenced heavily by
tape machinery, West African music, and Indonesian music, you can enjoy the
music, but you cannot fully understand the man. There are many other
examples I could give.

Dom