[PD] Maybe I'm pushing dynamic object creation too far

Ed Kelly morph_2016 at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Feb 2 01:00:31 CET 2011

Well, the concert was a success. The dynamic notation system worked perfectly
(almost) but the audio patch had some problems.
Video will be posted on my blog soon, but I want to know about the audio patch.

It takes incoming sound, records it into a buffer, and dynamically creates
[table] objects for each event in a pd subpatch, then copies the data from the
input buffer into each table when each event is finished (i.e. when the next
event starts) using the maxlib [arraycopy] object. Events are logged using
[bonk~].

I get dropouts, regardless of the jack buffer size/buffers number. Is this
because the dynamic creation of a new object interrupts the pd audio stream? If
so, can this be alleviated - 1. is it a GUI problem (and will pd 0.43 fix it)
and 2. if so, can pd -nogui sort it out?

Ed
 Metastudio 4 for Pure Data - coming soon!
Metastudio 3 still available at http://sharktracks.co.uk/puredata